An automatics technician is the support technician servicing automatic equipment and systems. This employee knows the working principles, usage principles and specifics of automatic equipment and measuring instruments. The students graduating from school in this category can start working in various fields (energy production, industry, construction, services, etc.), i.e. in any enterprise where automatic equipment and systems are used and need to be configured and maintained in working order.
- The duration of studies on the basis of a basic school education: 3 years;
- The study languages are Estonian and Russian.
The automatics technicians will be familiar with the following fields:
Electric and automatic systems:
- Electrical installations and preparation of connection drawings;
- Direct current and alternating current circuits;
- Electrical measurements;
- Electric equipment;
- Basics of electronics;
- Automatic systems (sensors, actuators, etc.).
- Basics of digital technology and logic;
- Logic controllers and their programming;
- Industrial networks;
- Visualising automatic processes.