Mechatronics: Mecha(nics) + (elec)tron(ics) + (informat)ics, i.e. the joint functioning of mechanics, electronics and information technology. Nowadays, mechatronics has become the science of unidirectional joint functioning of mechanical electronic and information technology systems. Sometimes, the 21st century is called the Mechatronics Century.
- The duration of studies on the basis of a basic school education: 3.5 years;
- The duration of studies on the basis of an upper secondary school education, as a distance learning programme: 2.5 years;
- The study languages are Estonian and Russian.
Mechatronics technicians will be familiar with the following fields:
- Manual applications;
- Machine applications;
- Pneumatic systems;
- Hydraulic systems.
Electrical and automatic equipment:
- Preparing wiring schemes;
- Direct current and alternating current circuits;
- Electrical measurements;
- Electric machines;
- Basics of electronics;
- Automatic systems.
- Basics of digital technology and logic;
- Logical controllers and programming these;
- Industrial networks;
- Programming languages (LAD, FBD, STL),
- Visualisation of automatic processes.