Hairdresser and beautician
A hairdresser must be able to do all tasks required in the modern hair salon (cutting, colouring, curling, styling of hair). In this category, the students will get a wide-range professional training that allows them to work successfully in a beauty salon or to establish one by themselves.
- The duration of studies on the basis of an upper secondary school education: 2 years;
- The study languages are Estonian and Russian.
The category of hairdresser includes the following:
- Hair care;
- Hair cutting;
- Permanent curling of hair;
- Hair styling;
- Hair colouring,
- Shaping of beard and moustache.
Additionally, the following skills are needed for a hairdresser:
- Health protection and hygiene requirements,
- Basics of economy and law;
- Foreign languages;
- History of hairstyling;
- Computer skills;
- Customer service.
As an option, the following can be learned:
- Foreign language in the professional field.