The study programme of tailors provides an all-round education in the field of sewing, allowing the students to start working in a small-scale company or to establish an own company. The task of a tailor is to produce light clothing and over-clothes for men and women, from the beginning to the end.
- The duration of studies on the basis of an upper secondary school education: 2 years;
- The study languages are Estonian and Russian.
Tailors will learn the following:
- Sewing pants, skirts, dresses, blouses, women's costume jackets, coats, men's jackets, etc.;
- Preparing cut-out diagrams;
- Design cut-out diagrams according to fashion;
- Conduct trial fittings;
- Select suitable main materials and additional materials;
- Use sewing equipment;
- Customer service;
- Colour science;
- Economy and entrepreneurship;
- Professional computer program Lectra.
As an option, machine embroidery, production of leather clothing, and furrier work can be learned.
The students after graduating from the school in this category can continue their studies in the field of clothing industry or fashion art.